Welcome to the Ashdown House
A Brief History of the Heritage Award-Winning 529 Wellington Crescent
Built in 1913 by Winnipeg architect J. H. G. Russell, the Ashdown House was originally built for hardware merchant J. H. Ashdown.
In 1952, the mansion was purchased by the Shriners to be used for their meetings.
When the Shriners moved their temple to another location, WOW Hospitality Concepts Inc. purchased the Ashdown House and renovated it to become the finest steakhouse in Winnipeg.
The second floor of the mansion is divided into a number of small and large dining areas. These rooms are the perfect place to host conferences and events.
The third floor and basement of the Ashdown House are dedicated to the offices of WOW Hospitality Concepts Inc., which owns and operates 529 Wellington.
When the Winnipeg weather cooperates, The Terrace is a wonderful spot to enjoy the sunlight while having lunch, dinner, or even a glass of wine.